Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dissecting a Cow's Eye




Ok. For all you scientific types out there...here is the ultimate. Dissecting a Cow's eye.




The Houston Science Museum has several, one hour classes on different types of dissection. Katherine and her friend Hunter were in a group of about 25 students. One eye per pair of budding scientists.




The instructor was very good. Knew how to handle kids. She needed a little help with some late-comers and so I jumped up to assist. I ended up putting my (glooved) hand into a five gallon bucket of cow's eyes to retrieve the necessary items. I got the shivers just typing this as I remembered the feel.




They separated the cornea, retina, lens, pupil. retinal nerve and (?) muscels that control the movement of the eye. Pretty spiffy!

1 comment: